Horse Racing – Online Betting On One Of Indias Most Loved Sports
Much of the traditional form of betting, except for online betting, is illegal in India. One activity that has always been legal however, is Horse Racing. Naturally, that has made it one of the favourite sports for gamblers. But betting on Horse Racing is popular all over the world, and players can find odds on all types of equestrian sports online. Horse racing is an intense sport that never fails to keep the spectators at the edge of their seats. In this guide, we are going to look at the different aspects of Horse Racing and Horse Race online betting. So, hang tight to get to know more about the various aspects of the game.
Horse Racing – How does it work?
Horse racing is a straightforward game where the competitors run their horses in different races, with a goal to win the race and conquer the prestigious titles. The betting market is huge, and thanks to online sportsbooks also more accessible than ever. To take part in the experience, simply pick a betting website, sign up in less than a minute, make your first deposit and get started.
Horse Race betting – Getting started
Horse Race Betting is not as complicated as it seems. It is just as simple as any other sports betting you might be opting for. All you need to do is to pick a favourite horse or a jockey you like and place your bet. You don’t always need to know the background of the horses and teams, but the more information you have beforehand, the better your chance of making profit.
Different Types Of Bets
- You place a Win bet when you are sure about your horse will end up in the first place. If your horse finishes in the first place, you can collect what you get from your bet. It has the best Pay out among the other bets of a horse race.
- A Place bet is when you bet on your horse to finish the race in first or second position. If the horse finishes in any of the top two positions, you can collect the pay-out. The pay-out for a Place bet is relatively lesser than a winning bet.
- A Show bet is when you place your bet on a horse to finish on the top three positions of the race. A show bet to increase the chance of winning for a player. However, the pay-out is lesser than the other two options.
- An Across the board bet is also known as a “combo straight wager” as the gambler is placing three different bets in one. For example, 50 INR across the board bet will cost you 150 INR. With these bets, if the horse finishes in the first position you get money for all the win, place and show bets if it finishes second, you get the place and show money, and if it comes third, you will only get the show money.
How To Get Started With Horce Race Betting
As we have already mentioned, Horse Race betting is not a very tough thing to get into. You alone can decide when you have the sufficient knowledge to get going, and when you do it’s time to sign up with a betting company. And after that? Here is a step-by-step guide for the novice bettors on how to place a bet in a Horse Race.
- Decide what race or track you want to watch.
- Select the horse or the race you want to place your bet on.
- Figure out what kind of bet you want. For instance, you can bet on one horse in one race, several horses in multiple races, or even several events over different sports.
- Check your bet coupon before leaving the webpage to make sure everything is in order. If there are any issues, simply contact the customer support.
Horse Racing Odds
A lot of people think that this is the most challenging part of understanding in a Horse Race betting. However, it is straightforward.Odds are the return you can expect if you have placed a successful bet. It explains the amount of a money bet on a horse. The more money is invested, the lesser the odds will be. If the odds for a horse say 7-2, 5-1 etc., it will express the amount of profit you will get. It is like for every 2-unit investment; the punter will profit 7 units. If you do further in-depth research, you will be able to calculate the original investment with the odds payoffs too.
Significant Indian Horse Racing Tournaments
Indian Horse Racing is almost 200 years old. The first racecourse of the country was coming to existence in Madras in 1777. Here in this segment, we will talk about some of the most important Horse Race tournaments in the country.
Some Of The Major Horse Races
- Indian 1,000 Guineas (Mumbai)
- Indian 2,000 Guineas
- The Indian Oaks
- The Indian Derby
- Indian St. Leger (Pune)
- Bangalore Derby (Bangalore)
- Calcutta Derby (Kolkata)
- Indian Champion Cup (Kolkata)
The first five of the above-mentioned races are known as the “Classic” races.
So, these are the different types of Horse Racing of the country.
Is Horse Racing Betting Legal In India?
Horse Racing and Horse Race Betting is entirely legal in India, both online and at race tracks. You can even watch and bet on foreign horse races with online sportsbooks.
Horse Racing Bonuses – All You Need To Know
One of the main reasons for most of the gamblers to invest on a Horse Race is to take advantages of the deposit bonuses, and free bets that the online bookmakers are providing. These bonuses can be used to place a wager on a horse to. So here are some of the Horse racing Bonuses you need to know about
- Race Rebates: This bonus offer will return a percentage of your bets placed over a certain period.
- Best Odds Guaranteed: With this offer, a gambler will choose bookmaker’s price on their selection, and if the starting price is higher, the bookmaker has to pay-out on higher odds.
- Price Promise: It is when your bookmaker guarantees you odds that is higher or at per with the other bookmakers for a certain race category.
- Free Bets: This is when bookmakers offer you free bets to place your wager on horses.
No matter if you are betting offline or online, you can surely use Indian Rupees as currency while betting on Horse Racing in India.
Strategies For Horse Race Betting
Now we know about most of the aspects of a Horse Race betting, here are some simple tips to increase your skills.
- Do your research: You should always do your research before placing each of your bets. Even a cursory glance at the racing program just before the race can also do.
- Make Different Kinds of Bets: We have already mentioned the different kinds of bets of a Horse Racing. Choose your bets wisely and place multiple bets.
- Bet on Multiple Races, but not on all: To increase your chances of winning, bet on multiple races. But never bet on every participant of a race.
- Manage Your Bankroll: This is an essential tip that you should always keep in mind because it is important to keep your bankroll intact too.
Why Is It Easier To Bet Online Than Offline?
In this fast-paced lifestyle, we don’t get many chances to visit the race track on every occasion. There is much reason that tells us that it is better to bet online than offline. These reasons are:
- Effortlessness: Online betting is very easy convenient for players who cannot visit the racetrack on every given occasion, but don’t want to miss a chance to place their bets.
- Secured Payment options: With the security of eWallets, online payments nowadays are even more secure payment options.
- Convenience: The new age gamblers are very convenient with online betting.
These are the reasons why online betting apps are nourishing with every passing day. We hope you enjoyed our beginners guide to horse race betting. You can select one of the sportsbooks in our top list to get the best betting websites and bonuses available for the Indian market. Good luck!