MMA Betting Online In India – Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed martial arts (MMA) is undoubtedly a novel concept in sports gambling, especially if you compare it to mainstream events such as boxing, which has been around for the last century-and-a-half. Despite MMA being a new sport, it enjoys a universal appeal. This sport is particularly huge in India, one of the most populous nations with more than 1.2 billion people. This 21st-Century sport is one of the best sports for people who fancy betting on fights.
If you are new to sports betting, especially in MMA, you have no reason to feel overwhelmed by MMA betting. This write-up explores the fundamentals of mixed martial arts betting. And, most importantly, what it takes to predict the fights accurately.
How MMA Betting Works
It is well known that there are MMA experts. These are not the professionals that battle it out on the ring, but enthusiasts who utilize their knowledge of the sport to win money. It is easy to have an opinion about any fight as an MMA fan, but it takes a lot more when you are required to put some money where your mouth is.
MMA betting is often described as a “Three-way Money Line.” This means that game odds are given on three potential outcomes: a win for fighter ‘A,’ win for ‘B,’ or a draw. However, draws are rare in this sport, so most bettors focus on choosing winners. Most sports books do not anticipate a draw. So if there is a tie, they might offer a refund or “push” the bet.
MMA Betting Markets
Besides conventional three-way money line bets, MMA bettors have a range of betting markets to explore. Here is a list of some of the most popular betting markets offered to Indian MMA punters:
- Moneylines: These are arguably the simplest bets in MMA, where a punter is only required to predict the winner.
- Over/Under: This bet seeks to help you predict the duration of the fight. For instance, you can bet on the number of rounds, 2.5 for instance, with odds on both sides.
- Exact round betting: Predict what round the match will end, regardless of the winner
- How the fight ends or method of victory: You wager on the outcome of the fight, irrespective of who wins. The main options here include KO, TKO, and decision.
MMA Betting Tips
Unlike most sports, there are limited variables to consider when betting on MMA. With only two fighters battling out, there are only a few possible outcomes for each bout. That said, here are some simple tips to help you get started with MMA betting.
- Understand how betting odds work. The key to making informed betting decisions is to think logically about each fight and develop personal tactics and strategies.
- Know when to maximize your gains. You need to pay attention to line movements. Besides placing convectional bets, MMA also allows for live betting.
- You should avoid betting against the best fighters such as Kantharaj Agasa and Srikant Sekhar, who at their best, are hard to beat. It is also important to know the players’ various fighting styles and know which fighting style works best for MMA.
Biggest MMA Fights
MMA has swept the globe like a storm. On a global scale, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and ONE Championship are the biggest competitions in both the Western and Eastern worlds. Other notable mentions include the Bellator MMA, World Series of Fighting, and the Jungle Fight.
Indian MMA fans, in particular, are always treated with some exciting events. These sporting events range from AIMMAA National Open MMA Championship, Mysore Fight Night, AIMMAF National Open MMA Championship, Indian Combat League, to the BOOM MMA – IPFL and Asian Open MMA championship, among others.